Length and Format: Live Online: 2 x 2-hours virtual sessions
Whether you are a formal leader or not, chances are you’ve given feedback or coached/mentored a peer, colleague or direct report. You also may have experienced uncomfortable conflicts of various types in your workplace relationships. In this webinar series, we will address some of the common challenges individuals face communicating in the workplace and we will share some highly effective strategies to increase your overall effectiveness in sustaining healthy, productive working relationships
Cost: $795/per person for the 2 sessions
|ID||Session Title||Date Available||Format|
|1.||Cultivating Healthy Climates||Aug 26th 11:00AM||Live Online|
|2.||Engaging with Conflict||Aug 27th 11:00AM||Live Online|
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a climate that fosters respect and connection.
- How to listen holistically in order to gain clarity and understanding
- How to balance personal boundaries and the needs of others.
- How to take a collaborative approach to delivering feedback.
- How to leverage questions in order to solve problems.
Overview per Live Session
Session 1: Cultivating Healthy Climates
Foundational skills for creating a connection with others and sustaining productive relationships
- Identifying your relationship goals and desired communication outcome(s)
- Techniques for employing neutral (non‐blaming) language
- Powerful question strategies
- Utilize active listening skills & empathetic responses
- Understand how to send a clear message
- Determining observations and perceptions
Session 2: Engaging with Conflict
Elements of assertive communication and the why behind developing the skill of assert
- Identify 5 approaches to Conflict
- The DDP Model for initiating a difficult conversation
- Understand the interest underlying a strong position
- The benefits of assertion, and drawbacks / limitations of passive and aggressive communication styles / choices
- The Positive ‘No’ Model for setting clear boundaries
- Key strategies for coaching others to assert
- The OREO framework for Asserting opinions and responding to questions
- The AFP 5 model for delivering feedback
- Elements of assertive communication and the why behind developing the skill of assertivness